- The small size of the Apple's iPod shuffle, low cost and its ubiquitousness among fertile young women would makes it a perfect device to use as an intrauterine device (IUD) contraceptive.
- Use a headphone extension cable with volume control.
- Use epoxy glue on the headphone jack and insert into the iPod shuffle. (This allows latter removal by pulling on the cable)
- Use a cervical dilation drug and then insert the iPod shuffle into the uterus. (With menses to avoid insertion if an undiagnosed pregnancy)
- Future updates of the iPod shuffle should incorporate wireless electromagnetic battery charging and wireless syncing to also allow for the long term use of the shuffle as a music device.